anuncio web sharif jewelry
divia 1200 x 90
kids 1200 x 90
pistiolas 1200 x 90
travis 1200 x 90
previous arrow
next arrow

TOXIC FOOD FOR DOGS

Dogs can easily convince us to share our food with them, but not all foods and drinks are safe for them. We present this list of those that could be dangerous.

CHOCOLATE

As tempting as chocolate is, it is a poisonous food for dogs. Chocolate contains a stimulant called theobromine (dark chocolate has a higher content of this) that is toxic to dogs and can cause kidney failure.

ONIONS, GARLIC AND CHIVE

The onion family, whether dried, raw, or cooked, is particularly toxic to dogs and can cause gastrointestinal irritation and damage to red blood cells. Signs of illness are not always immediate and can occur up to a few days later.

ALCOHOL

Alcohol has a big impact on dogs, even in small doses. Not only does drinking cause intoxication like it does in us, it can lead to illness, diarrhea, and even damage to the central nervous system.

MACADAMIA NUTS

Macadamia nuts contain a toxin that can affect your dog’s muscles and nervous system, causing weakness, swollen limbs, and panting.

CORN ON THE COB

Corn straight off the cob could be potentially fatal if your dog eats it. Although dogs manage to digest corn, the cob can cause a blockage in their intestine.

We love you and take care of you with everything! Photo: Pixabay

GRAPES AND RAISINS

Raisins are found in many of the foods we love to eat like cakes, cookies, and cereals. The active ingredient that causes the toxin is unknown, however, both grapes and raisins can cause serious liver damage and kidney failure.

AVOCADO

Avocados are another poisonous food for dogs. Avocado plants contain a substance called Persin which is found in their leaves, fruit and seeds and can cause vomiting and diarrhea.

ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER (XYLITOL)

Candy, gum, and beverages along with low-fat, diet, and sugar-free products (including some peanut butters) are often laced with an artificial sweetener called Xylitol that causes a release of insulin in our bodies. If your dog digests one of these sweetened foods, he can experience hypoglycemia, which is linked to liver failure and blood clotting disorders.

COOKED BONES

Giving your dog a raw (uncooked) bone to chew on is great, but avoid cooked bones at all costs. They can splinter easily and, in large quantities, can cause constipation or, in the worst case, a perforation of the intestine that can be fatal.

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY DOG HAS EAT SOME?

If consumed, even small amounts of these items can be fatal, so always act immediately and take him to the vet.

SUSCRÍBETE GRATIS A NUESTRO NEWSLETTER

Recibe tu revista, noticias, concursos y más directamente en tu correo.

- Publicidad -